You will begin at Arahura Bridge Heritage Park. From there you will be guided through the Arahura Pa (Tribal village) and then on a journey along the Arahura River while learning the history of the Kati Waewae Hapu.
Our guides will
- Share their local knowledge with you, which includes the history of the region and the Arahura River.
- On the tour you will hear the beautiful bird song of the native birds that live near the river and the guides will explain what bird was singing or calling.
- Give you the opportunity to soak your feet in a river that is free from contaminants and the impact of modern man.
- Show you how to identify greenstone in its natural environment.
- Reveal the legends of the Arahura river greenstone that are sacred to the Kati Waewae Hapu.
- Finally, on the piece of stone that you found, you have an opportunity to make a necklace so you have a keepsake of your tour that you can keep close to your heart.
Refreshments will be provided at the end of our tour.
Our guided tours are an easy walk over flat ground and river stones.
But please be prepared to get your feet wet, however, this is all part of your Greenstone Tour Experience
2 hours – $189 per adult, $50 per child (under 13)
4 hours – $355 per adult, $100 per child (under 13)
children under 5 free
What do you need to bring
- Warm clothing
- Sensible footwear
- A smile!